and this is an updated list of items not to send.most are common sense!! but with Iraq the DPO is very different and not something we usually understand. the DPO is the "Diplomatic Post Office" they make their own rules and if it doesn't fit in their pouch they will send back .and please make sure no loose caps. on items. and the following are what they list as "no no's"
PROHIBITED ITEMS LIST FOR MAIL DESTINED TO
1. weapons,components of weapons and items that resemble weapons ,knives,slingshots,toy guns.etc
2. IMPLEMENTS OF WAR(HELMETS,BODY ARMOR,FLAK VESTS,HOLSTERS ETC(GO FIGURE)
5. Hazmat labeled packages
6.lithium batteries,must be installed in equipment,
8.gases/aerosol/cylinders (NO HAIR SPRAYS,SHAVING CREAMS IN CANS,NOTHING LIKE THAT)
9.leakers,powder or liquids. be very careful about this as they will send it back to you.
10. dense objects( items that cant be viewed by x-ray screening) its better not to send anything in cans as they will send it back.
11. Aerosol cans,must be gels
12. Make sure liquids and powders are tightly sealed
13. No pork products
14. No utility knives