What does it cost to ship a non-Flat Rate box?
These are the prices of the flat rate boxes and their dimenations,and pictures . #1 is used most often.#3 is used to ship magazines.if you are mailing non-flat rate boxes. its about $2.00 a lb. and if the weight is less then 15lbs you pay more. over 65lbs you pay closer to the poundage.but your boxes cannot be over 70lbs. and to be on the safe. keep it under 68lbs.but remember the Post Office rates change like the weather. so you can go to www.usps.com to keep track of changes.
and this is an updated list of items not to send.most are common sense!! but with Iraq the DPO is very different and not something we usually understand. the DPO is the "Diplomatic Post Office" they make their own rules and if it doesn't fit in their pouch they will send back .and please make sure no loose caps. on items. and the following are what they list as "no no's"
PROHIBITED ITEMS LIST FOR MAIL DESTINED TO
1. weapons,components of weapons and items that resemble weapons ,knives,slingshots,toy guns.etc
2. IMPLEMENTS OF WAR(HELMETS,BODY ARMOR,FLAK VESTS,HOLSTERS ETC(GO FIGURE)
5. Hazmat labeled packages
6.lithium batteries,must be installed in equipment,
8.gases/aerosol/cylinders (NO HAIR SPRAYS,SHAVING CREAMS IN CANS,NOTHING LIKE THAT)
9.leakers,powder or liquids. be very careful about this as they will send it back to you.
10. dense objects( items that cant be viewed by x-ray screening) its better not to send anything in cans as they will send it back.
11. Aerosol cans,must be gels
12. Make sure liquids and powders are tightly sealed
13. No pork products
14. No utility knives
NOW THIS WILL CHANGE AGAIN AS IT DID IN 2004-2005 BUT BECAUSE TROOPS WERE PULLED OUT IN 2008 ,AND NOW THEY ARE STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN .THIS IS FOR IRAQ. THE OTHER COUNTRIES DONT HAVE THE SAME LIST FROM DPO. AS IT WOULD BE MOSTLY THE APO. MILITARY.